Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, June 5, 2017

Coincidence? No Such Thing


I have been speaking about my book, Gift of Death, for months now, and never really saw the title. When I was getting ready to publish I asked everybody I knew what they would call it, then I chose the three most popular suggestions and put them out on Facebook for my friends to vote on.

Gift of Death was not my first choice. I think I wanted something that didn't even have the word "death" in it. I thought it might be off-putting. I wanted something that would make people actually pick up the book because they were so intrigued, and then, hopefully, read it. I didn't want to scare people off. But the response was overwhelmingly in favor of Gift of Death, so that's what I went with.

Yesterday I was taking notes and was abbreviating the title rather than write it over and over again, and here's what that looked like: GOD. How could I have gone that long without noticing? I don't know the answer to that, but I do know this. The book as been nothing but a blessing. Coincidental? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment