Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, July 24, 2017

The Body/Spirit Connection





I've become interested lately in Terminal Lucidity. It's only recently been named by biologist, Dr. Michael Nahm, but it's not a new thing. It's that moment when somebody who has previously been unresponsive is suddenly alert and communicative hours before death. On his website, Exploring Frontiers of Biology, http://www.michaelnahm.com Dr. Nahm lists several examples.

In one case he talks about a woman who had Alzheimer's Disease and who had not recognized anybody for five years who engaged in normal conversation just hours before she died. In another, he describes an event in which a young man with cancer that had spread to his brain had lost the ability to speak or move, but who woke up and said goodbye to his family right before he died.

As with so many things that seem inexplicable, scientists are trying to find a physical reason for this. However, I became convinced while doing research for my book, Gift of Death, that we are surrounded by an entire world of wonder that we simply can't see. How else to explain the woman who told me she was surprised one day when her doorbell rang, and standing there was her favorite aunt who lived in a different state. Before she could ask any questions or even hug her, her wall phone rang. "Come in!" she said. "I'll just answer that and be right back." She went into her kitchen and picked up the phone. It was her father, telling her that her aunt had just died. When she turned back toward the door, there was nobody there. She believes her aunt had come to her in spirit to say goodbye. "What was even more amazing," she told me, "is that when I reflected back on it I realized the woman I saw at the door was my aunt when she was much younger."

If you know of anybody who has had this type of experience, I'd be interested in hearing their story.
Write me at: talkingpro2@gmail.com





No comments:

Post a Comment