Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, January 23, 2017

Sisterhood of the Traveling Boot

Four girlfriends and I left North Dakota on a cold morning in January. I believe the temperature, with windchill, was -20. Our destination was sunny Florida. This long-awaited trip was planned by our good friend, Deb, as a birthday celebration, or perhaps I should say birthweek celebration. The only fly in the ointment was my boot. Because I was wearing it, we had to think through every step. It meant hoisting me into vans and cramming into backseats. It meant warning waiters and grabbing me before I fell. It even meant helping me into the shower (thank you Barb). Because we had to accommodate the boot every place we went, it took on a life of its own. Like at the beach. A scooter just doesn't work in the sand. So what did my friends do? They paid a couple of guys to carry me:



Debi, Michele and Deb...and the boot
There were other adventures as well, so allow me to share what my boot did on our winter vacation:
At Sea Life Aquarium
At Manny's for a birthday celebration (see the boot taking center stage?)

Lounging by the pool

Visiting with Abe at the Wax Museum
In the jaws of a gator

Riding high on the Orlando Eye 
Conducting business poolside


Waiting for breakfast


Greeting the gecko

Overcoming our fear of heights

Kicking back at the White House

Kicking it up with the Blue Brothers
The boot may have been a drag, but in the end it added to the fun. And because of it, and because of new and old friendships, this is one vacation I'll never forget. It gave a whole new meaning to "booting up."

1 comment: