Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Monday, November 28, 2016

Lord, it's Hard to Be Humble

"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience," Colossians 3:12







The word "humility" is what's standing out to me today. See that foot all wrapped up in that boot? I had surgery on Friday and since then I've been dependent on others around me to do just about everything for me. There's a certain amount of humility required for that, especially for Type A's like me. 






When I was growing up in the 70s, singer Mac Davis released a song that we loved to sing in my family. 














You get the idea.
Now let's look at the rest of that verse from Colossians. "Compassion" also jumps out, because those surrounding me have been incredibly compassionate, from the doctor to the nurses to my family and friends. I'm blessed. And finally, there's "patience." God help me with that one. Accepting the kindess of others, being patient with life's challenges and not freaking out when I pass a mirror (day three without a shower), forces me to be humble. And I'm doing the best that I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment